Checkout this video:
1. Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Tap “Safari.”
3. Tap “Advanced.”
Open the Settings app. Tap Safari. Tap Advanced. Tap Website Data. Tap Remove All Website Data. Confirm by tapping Remove All Website Data.
If you’re still having trouble, try clearing your cache and cookies. To do this, go to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. Finally, restart your iPhone by holding down the power button until the “Slide to Power Off” screen appears. Once it’s off, press the power button again to turn it back on.
First, open the Settings app on your iPhone. Scroll down and tap Safari.
1. Tap on the Settings icon on your home screen.
2. Select Safari from the list of options.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPad and select “Safari”.
1. Open the Settings app on your device.
2. Tap on Safari in the left-hand menu.
3. Scroll down and tap on Advanced in the Safari settings.